Winter Operations at Bryce Canyon National Park
Access, Services, and Events for the 2020-2021 Winter Season
Winter has arrived in Bryce Canyon National Park: days are shorter, we received our first snow storm, and freezing temperatures. With the winter season, park and concessionaire operations make seasonal changes.
Visitor Center and Bookstore is open from 8:00 AM-4:30 PM with social distancing measures in place.
They will be closed Thursday, November 26th and Friday, December 25th in observance of the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday.
Winter Indoor Services include:
- Bryce Canyon Natural History Association Bookstore
- Park Museum
Ranger Programs Available
- Daily Geology Talks @ 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM
- Ranger Led snowshoe hikes once snow levels increase
North Campground Loop A is open on a first-come, first-serve camping through the winter.
Sunset Hotel is available until January 3, 2021.
Annual Winter Events
- 2020 Christmas Bird Count- December 19th at 8:00 AM (Event will be entirely outdoors) Contact Peter Densmore at [email protected].
- Bryce Canyon Winter Festival- February 13-15th
- Cross Country Skiing is available above the rim, Fairyland Trail, and Paria View (Skiing, snowboarding or other sliding is not allowed under the rim).
Hikers need to prepare for cold temperatures: dress warmly, using snowshoes or shoes with traction devices, and the use of hiking poles. If you plan on hiking below the rim, please visit the Visitor’s Center for weather updates and trail conditions.
Operations Closed for the Winter
- Sunset Campground
- North Campground dump station
- Lodge at Bryce Canyon
- Western Cabins
- Sunrise Hotel
- The General Store
- Canyon Trail Rides
- Road Closures will depend on snow fall amount (Fairyland Point and Paria View roads are now closed for vehicle traffic)
- Maintain social distancing between you and other guests
- Complying with State and Local Mandates- Mandatory Mask Mandates are now in place
- Leave No Trace principles- If you bring it in, take it ouit
- For more information visit www.coronavirus.utah.gov
Additional Websites for Bryce Canyon National Park
- Lodging for the 2021 season: www.brycecanyonforever.com
- Canyon Trail Rides for 2021 Season: www.canyonrides.com
- Additional area information: www.brycecanyoncountry.com